Thread: Fabled Realms Mercenary/Military Encampment

Kickstarter Backer Paul Richardson's Avatar

Fabled Realms Mercenary/Military Encampment

I'd like to see a mercenary/military encampment as well as the more permanent structures.

Hi Paul Richardson

We're hoping to do something along these lines in the future. Part of the campaign supplement will include rules for your own camps/bases which provide bonuses to your warband.

Great stuff. Raiding other camps during a campaign would be great fun!

Yeah, would look pretty cool, and like the idea of raiding a base. I suspect it's larger than you were thinking but I'd like to see a castle/Eightfold path compound.

Every 8FP compound will feature a fabulous WARWAGON (or two...or three or more)

As a militant order, I kinda see them more like Crusaders. Not as well equipped as a standing army...but numerous. So their camps will be made up of what they can get their hands on, things like tents, hasty barracades (rather than thick stone walls). I think of them more as an army on the march then having a strong fixed castles (unless they claim the owners of one as all "tainted" and just take one). The "Stone Castle" faction is more Mordenburg state guard I guess.

However things like the Broggenbridge range of buildings would make a good 8FP fortification, as they are more thrown together and hasty in structure. So perhaps getting those with an 8FP chapel should serve the job admirably

I think they do have castles etc. They're the places where they test people in cells, and train etc, and certainly it was mentioned they have commandrys across the Fabled realms.

certainly I'd think they would establish timber fortifications across parts of the land that are well known for Draghoul incursions, like how they guard the broken bridge to Daldorr.
    Last edited by ARBussey; 07-30-2017 at 01:49 PM.

I was in two minds on the size. Since it would be great to have both -
    1. the small camp area with hastily constructed defences.
    2. The travelling military fortifications say similar to what the Roman Army creates, with ditches, walls, regimented layout

Kickstarter Backer
    Tents, crude brushwood shelters and mud, lots of mud?

I don't think I'd have very many sell swords if I only provided them crude shelters

Depends. They may be the Poundland equivalent when it comes to mercs?