Thread: Fellendorf Milita Models

Fellendorf Milita Models

Well nothing here yet.

But as we know, the militia will be made up of troops that look like Dark Age Saxons (hence we are getting the Gripping Beast Plastic Dark Age warriors). But other troops types we could use?

Well Gripping Beast already do some plastic Dark Age Archers/Slingers (so there's one addition). Also Nick At Northstar is doing some hard plastic Dwarfs ( http://wargameterrain.blogspot.co.uk...king-news.html ), a bit up armoured for militia but I think a good addition to add to the militia so we can keep it multi-racial in the militia faction (like all the other factions). Perhaps it would be better to find out "who" is actually settled in Fellendorf, how the area is governed, if there is a standing army and/or royal guard etc, before guessing on what other races to add for a militia figure?

Who knows of other Fellendorf PDF factions are planned (perhaps these could use the archers models and later some cavalry models). Gripping Beast also stock the Little Big Man shield transfers specially made for use with their Dark Age Plastics. I'd recommend the plain/unadorned shields transfers https://www.grippingbeast.co.uk/DAPG...uct--3733.html as farmers would be unlikely to go through the expense of paying for paint to decorate a shield that's stored in the rafters year upon year.

Judging by the looks of the figures, I was thinking that the Njorn figures from Red Box Games would work well as Fellendorf, though they're human, but again they also do Dwarves if you want to add them.

Some of the GW Lord of the Rings Dwarves could also work. Maybe not the plastics, but the older metal ones with chainmail and round shields.

Ive been having a look at the frostgrave barbarians and soldiers. Thinking a mix of the 2 would make a good lookin militia.

Kickstarter Backer
    I'll be using a mix of RedBox, Gripping Beast, and Hasstlefree. I'd not thought about other races so far, but it's a good idea. LotR dwarfs and wood elves might fit in. It depends what the weapon options will be for the militia.

Well I've got the FG Barbarians (and the excellent metals that got with the plastics), I've got them on hold at the moment as I know Cad and Ben mentioned a "barbarian" faction somewhere in the works

Kickstarter Backer
    I'll also be using Meirce miniatures, which are good, if a little pricey.