Thread: Converting Mordanburgh to wood-effect :-)

Converting Mordanburgh to wood-effect :-)

I have the Fyrburgh Fort (a great set BTW). There are excellent Fyrburgh-Doldorr and Broggenbridge cross-over pieces coming too. So far, so good; but I want some free-standing buildings as well to use when ruins are not required (and also something I can use whilst waiting for the Fabled Realms KickStarter to arrive).

Mordanburg building are the obvious choice; but to me the different styles just don't go together well (sorry 4Ground).

What I want is buildings with the look of the Eightfold Path and the architectural style of Mordanburg to help 'glue' the ranges together. The question is could I easily do that (since there was no point investing in the Mordanburg Terrain set from the Fabled Realms if I can't). At the same time I also wanted to trial converting the look of the Tueden League Windmill without having the possibility of messing up an expensive kit.

So this mini-project was born.

For the look I am after wooden in-fill on the half frame seemed the way to go. I also wanted to trial wooden shingles on Mordanburg since I think astheticly that fits better than the original slates/tiles.

So I spent a couple of hours with an inexpensive Mordanburg back-street cottage: carving 'planks' on to the infill, spray-painting them 'wood', affixing shingles and generally having good fun.

The end result works for me, I hope you like it too. I will be converting some more of the half-frame Fabled Realms buildings in the same way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3528.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	20  

That looks pretty good to me. Would a few repairs to the new wooden panelling add to the flavour, or are you aiming for fresh build?

That looks good! And should work pretty well!

Kickstarter Backer
    Really nice job!

Thanks for all the positive comments :-)

That will look really cool along the banks of the Langa River in behind some trees.

Kickstarter Backer
    That is awesome

Initiate
    Great stuff