Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asked a question to be added to poll.

Asked a question to be added to poll.

Asked a question during tonight's livestream to be added to the poll.

"Would you prefer to lose the KS exclusive pose (and instead take the retail pose), to allow 4 new minis to be produced?"

Its a bit subjective as some KS backers love these things, and some care not. I don't know what you think, but even if asked I guess the response would need to be almost overwhelming for a change to happen (as backers did back with the promise of a KS exclusive). In my mind expanding the core game for everyone is more important, but I know other will disagree.

What are your thoughts (just trying for some feedback to judge if the question should even be asked)?

Personally I would prefer to lose the KS exclusive if it gives them the option to do more

Well I say 4 new minis, but then I don't know the cost difference between commissioning an entirely new digital sculpt vs a repose of an existing digital sculpt. I guess how many, and what is designed has more to do with what makes more sense for the tooling of the molds more than anything else. So II suppose the question needs to loose the "4 new minis" and replaced with "new minis"?

Another issue with the KS exclusives, is given the number to be produced (less than 500), we can pretty much guess these will be in resin. By dropping the KS exclusive for a retail version (or rather the KS exclusive render we've seen BECOMES the retail version), we might get the option to get these minis in PVC (ofc the resin version will be produced for those that want the resin version just like any other mini). So by losing the KS exclusives, we also might (might being the operative word here) open up the option for what material you wish to purchase the mini in (again I guess the tooling will dictate things here).

Presumably though they've already got it sculpted, as that's what's on the main page. To then substitute it for the retail version would require paying for another sculpt, and not using that one, as I believe the retail version is going to be him at a later stage in life.

I think personally I'd be in favour of keeping it. I suspect replacing it would make things more complicated, and having to get time for the sculptors might push the release back even further. I will admit I didn't see all the live stream so I don't know what the reaction was at the time.

I'd go with more miniatures. A wider range at the start probably generates more interest for the game.

Kickstarter Backer
    Didn't catch the latest livestream but I'm ok with more new figures rather than KS exclusives if it really will help push everything along.

More miniatures !

Alas poll has been and gone, and the question wasn't in it. Probably for the best as no doubt some backers would prefer the KS exclusives and the KS was launched with KS exclusives (really this question needed to be asked back in the first few days of the KS), accusations of "bait and switch" would no doubt have appeared.

But it does raise a point, are backers actually that interested in the old "tempter" of KS exclusive miniatures? For me the things like the artwork, are a nice KS exclusive. Things that add to the fluff of the game and don't take a massive chunk out the KS budget to produce make a perfect KS exclusive (also getting the PDF scenarios in a booklet is a very nice exclusive). But I feel these days that most backers are more interested in pushing the core products forward as far as it will go in the KS.

Then again backers back for different reasons. Some are figure collectors/painters (for whom the focus is as many different minis as possible), some are gamers (for whom things like scenarios are important), some refuse to be pigeon holed (and want everything ). I know when I come to a game at retail and then find the door is shut on content/minis because I didn't back the KS....then I tend to walk away (I am a bit of a completionist). 4Ground at least did the sensible thing in making it KS exclusive "poses" (and not minis) and the booklet scenarios will be available as PDFs.

Still if there is a future KS for fabled realms, perhaps the question can be asked right at the start.

While I'm happy to get KS exclusives I could easily leave them if it helped get more of the core game into production. I like the KS exclusive minis but would be equally content if either they were ditched for other, non-exclusive options or those minis were not exclusive. If this made things easier/cheaper for 4Ground I'm quite happy with that.

I'd also say that, as much as I love the artwork, I don't think I need 12 pieces of it. I simply don't have that much wall space.