Thread: Background

Background

Looking forward to plenty of fluff for this guild.

This faction really interests me for the more role playing aspect to the warband and how it's going to fit in the Fabled Realms system

THE VENTURERS GUILD

Many generations ago, Teudenburg and Mordanburg merchants and moneyers formed a contractual guild called the Guild of Merchant Bankers. They identified for them to conduct their business from afar they needed agents, but agents that could be trusted to do as they required. They wished for vouched safe fellows to guard their investments and trade vehicles (both ships and caravans), they also wanted to contractually employ venturers to go adventuring at their behest. To this purpose they presided over the incorporation of the Teuden League’s Venturer Guild. This Guild is therefore the second oldest of the contractor guilds incorporated within the Teuden League.

In the early days venturers were not always as good as their word and so threatened with removal of incorporation status the high council of the guild pushed through reforms.
    Those reforms (still known as the original reforms) lead to the incorporation of the Sell sword Guild and the Safe Hands Guild, though both guilds have high ranking members of the Venturers appointed to their respective high councils as their guild’s Guiding Hand (some say a spy within).

With the removal of Sell Swords and Safe Hands from their guild, the venturers have flourished doing what they do best, going to places and doing things that the average Teuden folk wouldn't have the nerve to do!

Dependent on your own perspective will determine your view of this guild. Many consider them fine fellows always coming though regardless of the odds. Maybe you think of them as glory seekers with uncurbed wanderlust for the Wyder Wold, just gamblers out for fortune and fame. Possibly you believe them no more or better than thieves and roguish agents hired by those with coin enough to buy whatever they desire, be that through burglary, spying or other means.

In truth all of these views are to a lesser or greater degree true, but few can identify where one is blurred by another. For the most part the average guild member does not know much of such dealings looking out only for a life of fellowship and adventures.

To the families of the rich and powerful, venturers are still hired as personal bodyguards and protective companions. In a society of federal states where coin is king, some such protective companions perform a strange part of the status quo, by day finely attired accompanying their ward at a business meeting, by night they may be clad in the hues of night-garb scrambling on all fours across rooftops or hiding in the corners of balconies doing their ward’s bidding.

Thanks Ben, very interesting back story. Reading this certainly wets my appetite for this guild, filled with intrigue, flair and deception. Oh and they can fight if they have too..

I certainly think we could have some fun with these guys.

Superb Ben, cheers buddy.

they are my second faction to go for.

Very interesting group, I am looking forward to puting toghter a band of misfit Venturas!