Thread: The Ruins of Daldorr

Kickstarter Backer

The Ruins of Daldorr

I have just finished assembling the first large piece of the Blasted Tower and it looks both delightfully complicated and very tall. I cannot wait to see the next bit done.

Got any progress pics? :P im curious to see :P
    Thanks,
    Luke (Lurkio),
    Senior Laser Technician / Community Manager / Production Manager

Kickstarter Backer
    Not yet, it I should take some as it is now, with the primer, painted and then washed to show the stages of abuse it will receive. I don't like the priming bit as it has to done with a brush (as large as possible) or means digging out the airbrush neither of which I enjoy so I might do some roofs intead as a displacement activity, these are for ruins though and that is a little bit tricky so that might get a displacement activity of it's own.

Kickstarter Backer
    Almost complete. Some bits need another pass with the wash and generally staining and grass clumps needed but getting there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daldorr-01.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	47

Name:	Daldorr-02.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	48
    This is basically one of everything from the Daldorr range except the stocks and gibbets.
    Last edited by Klingsor; 08-11-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingsor View Post
    Almost complete. Some bits need another pass with the wash and generally staining and grass clumps needed but getting there.

Name:	Daldorr-01.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	47

Name:	Daldorr-02.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	48
    This is basically one of everything from the Daldorr range except the stocks and gibbets.
    Im assuming you bought them unpainted? :P
    Thanks,
    Luke (Lurkio),
    Senior Laser Technician / Community Manager / Production Manager

Kickstarter Backer
    No, I didn't think you could, but they were I think mostly or entirely bought at Salute so I did get a good discount. We end up applying a fair bit of paint to the house kits anyway so this did not seem weird and the table colour for stone is sandy rather than the ubiquitous grey that it is a reaction against.

I know you do some kits in unpainted versions but not all of them. I would love to ask if there is much take up for them but that would not be nice, commercially sensitive information and all that.

This is going to alienate everyone but I do hate seeing the kits just built and set on the table, they don't look finished to me.

I've brought painted kits, and partially repainted them - does that count? ;-)

Kickstarter Backer
    I think so, that is mostly what we do.

Initiate
    I build the kits and set them up. Not really interested in doing any more. But I would like to see pictures of what others do.

Kickstarter Backer
    That is what forums like this one are great for, to see other peoples ideas so you can steal them!