Thread: Some background?

Some background?

I pledge the Kickstarter due to the Mordanburg building I have.
    I saw a lot of videos on the city from different show.
    Ben is always enthusiast about the Mordanburg on these videos.

Can you give us more on the Guard that, for me, it is like the Watch of the disk world ?

Hi Alexis,

here you go, just a bit of background;

The Mordanburg State Guard is the state army for the City State of Mordanburg, they patrol areas throughout the Mordanburg state and can be found on dark wooded paths to the streets of the Portsoken district of Mordanburg.

Mordanburg equips its standard soldiers with back and breast or mail shirts. These men and women are armed with either polearm (halberd, bills etc.) or bow and arrows. Many of the members of the State Guard come from the varied races that inhabit the city and you will find human bowmen and halberdiers, dwarf halberdiers and Gnome archers are common among their ranks. While Orcs and Elves are less common they often become members of the elite Patrician's Guard or officers of their own units.

While the normal soldiers of the Mordanburg State Guard are armed in a standard way with uniform equipment, the officers and wizards are not. Officers are normally armed with sword, shield or great sword, normally of an ornate design and 3/4 or full plate. All of their equipment is bought at the officers expense so is generally ornate and the weapon will fit the officer in question, it is not uncommon to find a Dwarven officer with a great hammer or great axe or a Gnome officer with a bow and arrow.

Wizards that go to the Nonsuch University in Mordanburg have to serve out at least a year in the watch. Gnomes and Humans are the most common wizards although you will find the occasional proud Elf. Magika in these Fabled Realms flows from within, a pool of energy accessible by every creature. It is not effected by crude armour and weapons, but for a wizard sometimes the best deffence is to hit your opponent with a spell before they even enter combat.

The State Guard has some of the most famous units in the lands, with the Patricians Guard numbering among them, these warriors armed with Gnomian Steel Swords and Full Plated Tueden Armour are a sight to behold in combat, their skill and training making them the equal of many lesser foes.

Finally you have the Militia units, some famous in their own right. The most famous the Langa River Guard are almost a standing regiment, their Blue and White Livery paid for by the City of Langaholm.

I will post up more on a regular basis.

Thanks Cad.
    I enjoy this kind of text.
    The Watch is my favorite group in all med fan universes I read.

Hi Alexis,

That's ok we'll get some more up as soon as we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
    Thanks Cad.
    I enjoy this kind of text.
    The Watch is my favorite group in all med fan universes I read.
    I'm with you, this kind of grouping are always cool!

Pier looked down at the body smashed at his feet, it was a goblin, no taller than he, but he had smashed it with almost contemptuous ease, the stone that had done it not far away on the paving. Looking up from the pitiful creature Pier saw the massed ranks of Mordanburg State Guard around him, their Halberds held firm in front of them a mix of Humans, Orcs, Dwarves and Gnomes like him. All standing tall to defend the village of Hagansbrook.

Loud voices suddenly pulled Pier back into the moment, the smell of the bloody, urine stained street filling his nose as his brain came back to where he was. “With respect Captain, we should march out and take these bandits now!” Lieutenant Davien sneered toward Captain Raffa his patricians face showing all the contempt of his upbringing.
    “They’ll come again Lieutenants and we are much better fighting against them in these narrow streets where their numbers can’t count. Now go back to your unit and make ready!” Raffa growled back his massive Orc bulk imposing against the human Lieutenant. Davien snorted and turned on his heel storming off toward his own unit.

Pier walked up to Raffa “It’ll take a few more years for those aristocrats to take to heart that ability is better than breeding” he said to Raffa.

“I know but I wish they wouldn’t try and push their prejudices at times like this.” Raffa stated quietly. “The bandits will come again and these Laughing Coffin thugs are not stupid.”

Shouts came from the end of the alley and the steady rhythm of feet could be heard, many feet. “Soldiers of Mordanburg, here they come again! Send these motherless curs back to where they came from!” Raffa shouted as the formation of bandits rounded the corner. They were a mix of races ranging from Goblins to at least one Elf and equipped in an eclectic mix of weapons and armour. They started toward the Guard formation at a trot.

Raffa turned to Pier, “Show them the error of their ways Pier” he said. Pier reached into the centre of his being, channelling his magika essence he focused on his training, making the necessary shape with his hands and speaking the words of power a hail of magic missiles sprang from his wand searing through the ranks of bandits now running toward them. The bolts of pure energy arcing into their bodies the people hit by the missiles screamed in pain, the smell of burned flesh wafting back to Pier.

“Archers, loose!” shouted Raffa and a hail of arrows arced over the ranks of Halberdiers and into the charging bandits cutting the first row down. The bandits were almost upon the lines of halberdiers now.

“Brace Soldiers of Mordanburg!” Pier shouted, and the many Halberdiers adjusted their stance ready for the charge. Pier, closing his eyes, once again reached inside to the hard core of his being, feeling a cool tingling sensation reaching out from his chest across his skin. Opening his eyes he saw his arms encased in stone, the spell working just as the bandits were about to impact…

sweet ! yet again great short. So far Raffa is my favourite character.

Quote Originally Posted by Radegast View Post
    sweet ! yet again great short. So far Raffa is my favourite character.
    And his mini is so cool!