Thread: Paul's corner of the Forgotten Realms

Paul's corner of the Forgotten Realms

Of course, I meant to say Fabled Realms.. brain wasn't in focus when creating the thread :/

Over the years I've always wanted a space to call my own and convert into a gaming room. Last year this dream finally became reality as we sorted out the house a bit more and my office was upgraded to one of the larger rooms. This is letting me now start in my modular gaming table.

A modular gaming table means that I can take the time to build scatter terrain and buildings into parts of the table without worrying about it being a one use thing. As such, all of those wonderful prepainted 4Ground buildings are getting a repaint as they become part of the table. The only one I've finished from the first kickstarter delivery is the forge, which is a wonderful model. In order to make the basing simpler and not cause massive headaches when working out the tiling of hexes, my games will be set around a small village that hasn't done any cobbling yet. There should be a main road through the village at some point, but not just yet.

Terrain is quite new to me, so things are going slowly and very experimentally... especially flocking things as I usually use clear or rocky bases for my figures. Feel free to suggest improvements as we go
    Last edited by Paul; 03-14-2018 at 06:52 PM.

Hi Paul, I must say that what you have done so far is excellent. I do like how modular you are making it as it will allow you to change things up and expand your collection, as and when required.

That is the theory, yes. I have templates for things like rivers, hills and cliffs for later, but for now I just want to sort out the woods and village first before I venture further afield. I'm tempted to map this area out so I can reset the same village each time and form a little corner of the realms

I was going to hold back the whole thing so far and reveal it after I show off some of the smaller tiles... but what the heck

Despite using a proper template for cutting the hexes, there is something slightly off about some of the sizes, so it isn't 100% perfect when matching things up. This is very annoying, but doesn't really interfere with the board. Eventually I'll be sticking some beading around my table so that I can stop the tiles drifting around, but for now I just need to be a bit careful and roll dice in a tray off the edge.

I dread to think how many hexes the Inn or Longhouse (both on the aspirational list) would require as a base...
    Last edited by Paul; 03-14-2018 at 05:12 PM.