Thread: Zombicide Mall

Initiate

Zombicide Mall

Hi all, thought you might like to see the board I had set up for a Zombicide game a few weeks back. I got too wrapped up in the game to get any more pictures while we were playing, but will be a bit more diligent next time.

There are quite a few 4ground kits here, in particular the mall which I really can't get enough of. I didn't pick up enough sections to finish off the upper floor, mainly because I ran out of shop choices, but I am planning to finish that off once a few more kits are released or if I get around to scratch building a few myself (art dealer, jewelry shop, supermarket maybe?) Hoping for some corner shop pieces so I can expand it out further into a T shape or a X, but again will require picking up another dozen shops and the interiors to go with it.

Probably preaching to the choir here but all of the 4ground kits are incredible. You can spot a few mdf buildings from other companies on the board, which are great, but the bar is raised so much higher by the stuff I have picked up from 4ground its incredible.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21981563_10214154285750563_1019048643_o.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	131

Designer
    Hi 50cal
    the board looks amazing , we have plans to make more shops in the future and i like the idea of a T or X but you would need a lot of shops . Iv tryed to add in more poster for shops like furniture shop so you can use bits from the kits you have.

look forward to seeing more of your tables

shit mate its mind blowing !

Initiate
    That is all kinds of awesome 50cal!!!! I'm right there with you on expanding the mall east and west - I'm hoping a movie-plex is in the works

Initiate
    Thanks guys. Excited about the new shops Kev - I have seen the poster for the furniture store and will probably set one of those up in a 20cm store. I have some spare counters and tills left over from kits i doubled up on so itll be easy to put something together. As far as needing lots of shops for a T or an X, that shouldn't be a problem I plan on picking up the new loading bay and security room as soon as they are out.

I had a similar idea for a movie-plex Ivor. I was thinking at having a crack building corner pieces myself although haven't found good basing material that is both as thin or strong as the 4ground tiles. I thought that would be a good place for a movie-plex, maybe having it two floors high? There is an Aussie company, Knights of Dice I think, that have an mdf movie theater which I'v been looking at for reference.

Just a comment on the board that I forgot to mention above - it is all tile based so is designed to be modular. I have attached another picture of it in a slightly different setup although it was before I discovered 4ground so has none of their kits (I seem to remember though that it was the same night that the mall was made available to order so was up until about 1am waiting) . I'll try and get some pictures this weekend of the interior of my mall setup.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15555798_10155044116377780_1257516526_n.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	133
    Last edited by 50cal; 11-16-2017 at 07:35 PM.