Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red box figure size comparison

Red box figure size comparison

On the kickstarter comments Andrew asked for a scale picture for some Red box figures. I do not have any of the 4ground digs yet (no surprise there!), but I do have some of the others shown in scale. In order they are Gripping Beast plastic vikings, RedBox shaman, Black Tree viking and Zombicide Black Plague

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0307.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	8

One caveat is that I do not have any of the RedBox warriors to know if this guy is smaller, but I love the model and do plan to grab more at some point

Look like the RBG figures should be okay. I'll maybe need to order some more for proxy purposes.

RBG will be absolutely perfect for anything using Frostgrave, Gripping Beast or other historicals as the supporting figures. Against Black Plague/CMON figures he looks quite small and dainty... given the comparison picture on the KS page I can't help but feel that GB and RBG figures will look quite small against the final FR figures.

But as keeps being pointed out in other comparison threads for other games... people are different heights

Hi Paul,

They are, in fact in the Eightfold pack they do vary in size (not by a huge amount but noticeably) with the smallest human being Alflick the 15 year old.

Edited for local spelling of being.

Nice, that will certainly help us mix in other manufacturers

In fact here is a size comparison of some of the Mordanburg Miniatures;

As you can see Rebekah is a lot smaller than Ben and the height of Ben and Pytor are fairly different as is their build.

Name:	pytor size.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	12

Speaking of Red Box Minies, is there a faction where the Njorn range would fit in? They're Norse/Viking type of fantasy humans.

Looking at the figures from gripping beast they're using for Fellendorf Militia, I think they'd fit with them.

Oh totally! LOL, I hadn't paid much attention to the Felledorf militia, even though I got them coming with my pledge. Now I'm so glad I got bunch of them!

Here is another comparison picture with a few more bits and pieces in. In order these are Gripping Beast, RedBox, Perry Wars of the Roses plastic, Frostgrave plastic and GW Empire great sword

Name:	IMG_1792.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	35

The Perry and Frostgrave plastics size well with the RedBox and GB figures, but the GW figure is very tall in comparison. The thicker base isn't helping things though.
    Last edited by Paul; 08-01-2017 at 10:13 PM.