Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your hobbys outside of modeling/wargaming?

What are your hobbys outside of modeling/wargaming?

Hello!
    What are your hobbys outside of modeling/wargaming?

Im currently learning to DJ and my other main hobbys are; BMX, Gaming and fixing cars.

Thanks,
    Luke (Lurkio),
    Senior Laser Technician / Community Manager / Production Manager

Kickstarter Backer
    Hi there,

My main hobby is roadracing on my bicycle.

I spent years djing dodgy goth clubs. Nowadays sword fighting (HEMA) is my non gaming related hobby. Can't get a better stress release!

Kickstarter Backer
    I seem to take an interest in all sorts but keep coming back to the same few. Minis (I'd say gaming and painting but don't do much of that. Just collect lots of minis), photography and airsoft (running around with toy guns pretending to be the minis I have collected).
    Mountain biking when I was a bit fitter. Tried road biking and haven't given up on it, but haven't been out for a long time.
    I saw the comment about HEMA on the kickstarter live. I was wondering what it was.

Hema is awesome ! I only did a bit of sword fighting myself. Bike is my second love. collecting graphic novels and reading historical books. ages ago did a lot of horrors and syfy but now no time for that. is boardgames consider outside? I play a lot with my family teaching 5 years old about games and being Geek, her fav toys are space ships from star wars an my little pony

HEMA stands for historical European martial arts and is the study of how people traditionally fought with things like sword and buckler, rapier, rapier and dagger, dagger, cloak and dagger, montante/zweihander etc.etc. our school concentrates on renaissance italian styles and is great fun

Kickstarter Backer
    Quite a few bikeriders

How could I forgot about my other hobbies?
    Pathfinder (rpg) and reading (mostly fantasy and bio's)

Kickstarter Backer
    ECW re-enactment with the Sealed Knot, although I'm taking an extended break this year due to globe trotting with a friend and the need to do a large amount of maintenance on my house!

Working shifts I find that I'm off when my friends and family are working and vice versa. So I relax by spending a bit of time gaming on my PS4, where I play all sorts of games. I also spend time researching historical periods and reading rules and doing bits on our blog.

I'd say miniature wargaming is my main hobby. I dabble in some console gaming, and cosplay (can be seen on Instagram @sara.while). I've been doing HEMA for a couple of semesters now, I really enjoy sword and buckler!