Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beta Weekend Date

Beta Weekend Date

Hi All,

The date is confirmed for the Beta Weekend at Beasts Of War. It is the weekend of the 23rd/24th and 25th of Feburary.

Regards,
    Cad

Great news, thanks Cad.

If anyone is thinking of upgrading to be able to go on the weekend, but would be going on their own, let me know. I'm already going with a mate but have a third friend who I'd love to be able to attend. If you're interested PM me and we can discuss the details.

Who do we book extra nights with Cad, yourselves or BoW?

Hi Kerry,

We are still sorting that out but I have a conformation that booking extra nights wont be a problem. Just a case of who do you do it with.

Any news on this? We need to start booking travel tickets. Looks to be faster and cheaper to fly to Dublin for us, and then bus to Belfast, then on to Coleraine.

Quote Originally Posted by While View Post
    Any news on this? We need to start booking travel tickets. Looks to be faster and cheaper to fly to Dublin for us, and then bus to Belfast, then on to Coleraine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cad View Post
    Hi All,

The date is confirmed for the Beta Weekend at Beasts Of War. It is the weekend of the 23rd/24th and 25th of Feburary.

Regards,
    Cad
    I'm surprised that's quicker. The bus is very slow in my experience. The quickest route I've taken there (not the cheapest though), using public transport, was to fly in to Belfast International, grab a taxi to the train station in Antrim (just North of the airport) and get the train to Colraine, that's much easier than going through Belfast.

taxi cost me 7 pounds train 15? but you save at least 1 hour . busses to Antrim are quite regular and ita about 3 pounds in week, they dont work sundays.

Flying to Belfast from Norway is through London by the looks of it, several hours between flights. Dublin is direct, and about half the price!

There’s a train from Dublin to Belfast or Coleraine maybe?

We consider renting a car as well, but not too comfortable not driving on the right side of the road to be honest.

We’re also considering spending some more time, either before or after doing some setjetting, seeing some of the GoT sites!

Fair enough.

There is a train from Belfast to Colraine. It's actually the same one which you can get from Antrim but, if you fly into Belfast International, it's easier to get the taxi rather than travel into Belfast and then out again (as I did the first time I went to Colraine). I would generally recommend the train over the bus.

I'm wondering about getting some sight-seeing in as well. There are some great places in Northern Ireland (and the South of course, if you're travelling through Dublin anyway). I would say 'dress up warm' but, as you're from Norway, I don't think you need me to. It can be rather damp though. I haven't booked my flights yet so will have to decide soon.

rent a car if you can and stay longer or come early like 2-3 days before. you have to see gianns coast way its amazing and the only place like this in world. ( scotich side of it is much less beautifull and rocks are not that amazing)