Thread: Jetty / pier / boardwalk

Jetty / pier / boardwalk

I'd like to see something for my boats to moor against, a way to reach them from the river's edge, or a way to cross swampy ground without getting my feet wet. So a modular wooden walkway (on wooden post supports) to act as a pier / jetty / wharf / boardwalk (not broadwalk) / walkway. The main elements could be 20-25mm wide (just big enough to balance a base on) though you could have wider elements to make room for on/off-loading cargo too. A ramp to go from tabletop level to walkway level would be nice.

This is all very scratch buildable using wooden strips, matchsticks etc, but the 4Ground version would be much nicer.
    Last edited by SableFox; 09-04-2017 at 03:43 PM.

I think 4Ground already do duck boards in the Blasted Tower set. Duckboards are a bit more "Dark Age/Medieval" than a carpenter constructed walkway for crossing marsh (so I'd like to see those separately), and the current ones are as wide as a base. It would mean putting the current artwork/cutting files for duckboards on the single sheet of MDF and sold separately (although easy to construct ).

http://www.4ground.co.uk/ruins-of-da...-blasted-tower

A jetty would be a nice addition, no doubt we will see more as the Langerholm stuff starts to arrive.

Yep, I like the Doldorr duckboards - just need them as a separate add on / set :-)

I agree, I am hoping Langerholm will add some of these elements. No harm asking/reminding though ;-)

Initiate
    You could use the Wild West boardwalks range for piers and jetties. I have been thinking about it.