Thread: Siege Tower.

Siege Tower.

I have another idea for table top scenery. Siege Tower. imagine old battlefield/ siege table, with bits of walls from Daldor. and one or two towers. couple of trees here and there. Fantastic terrain and adds so much inspiration to table. reclaim land from Dragoui. towers could have parts that are easy to damege to have collapsed tower. You could include another scenario like on tower died powerfull magician and his magic book is still there or hero with enchanted weapon.

Kickstarter Backer
    I like that image, I like siege towers as well, my big regret from Salute 2016 was not seeing a really nice siege tower until they were sold out and I have not seen them for sale since. I could make one of course but they are fiddly (the ramp) and need to be fairly sturdy as they are going to be played with so balsa is not the ideal material to use.

For siege towers the big question is height, obviously their height will depend on the walls they are to go against but are some complications. 4Ground does not yet do masonry walls, just their cherta ones. Will their masonry walls be the same height as the wooden ones?

There are at least four different styles of plastic castle walls out there: GW, Renedra, Zvezda and Warlord and at least one laser cut MDF one. I have some of the GW and Zvezda walls and they are both very different in height and I see no reason why any of the others would match anything else either. The GW mighty fortress may be out of production but there seem to be vast numbers of them out there and if you want to sell lots of siege towers then making them able to cope with the GW walls, and thus making your own walls of a similar height to the GW ones seems logical to me.

cheers mate.

I love that image Radegast, I've been watching someone play Zelda: Breath of the Wild and seeing all the nature-reclaimed battlefields is awesome. Cad will be including siege rules into Fabled Realms at some point, I'm not sure if it's in the Campaign Supplement coming in the kickstarter or in a future release. At that time however I believe Ben, Kev and I will be down in the siege workshop making some siege equipment, walls and other goodies for you all.

Thx Andrew ! fantastic news !

Been thinking about your idea, a ruined siege tower to go with the Daldoor Ruins would be REALLY nice (perhaps using some of those new GW creeping vines to "nature it up"). Perhaps a standard Siege tower as an initial release, and a ruined one later (as a ruined one might be a bit too niche). But I'd buy one

Oh, that sounds like a great idea