Thread: Fyrburgh keep

Fyrburgh keep

What I think would be nice would be a large (say double width and depth of existing towers, could be taller too) wooden tower / keep / blockhouse to add to the Tueden League range. I would see this as a standalone strong point, but having a first floor entrance - accessed by steps - which would line up with the Tueden League walls would be a good addition too. The idea would be to have something smaller (and cheaper) than the Mordanburg watch tower, in the Fyrburgh Fort styling.

Oooohh I'm getting flashes of that embedded between two cliffs, blocking a road through a pass. Count me in for one of those!

Do you mean something along the lines of a freestanding barracks building, or more of a gatehouse attached to the walls?

I was thinking along the lines of a freestanding stronghold. Something that could be used as a keep/donjon in the middle of the fort; or a freestanding fort/tower on its own; or even a super-tower replacing a standard tower in the fort's walls.

This could be the sort of structure: http://www.4ground.co.uk/american-le...er-block-house only something in the Tueden style and maybe a little larger ...

Found this by pure random chance (a virtual drive through medieval fort), there may be some inspiration here..

http://www.timeref.com/castles/castmote.htm

Hi guys, we don't have a building quite like what your after (yet) but I am definitely interested in making a proper Teuden League Keep next year.
    For now, to keep you occupied, we'll be releasing these soon.

The River Defence Bastion can work as either a fortified tower top similar to what you're talking about here or as a bunker alongside the Bylanga River.

The Sleevigval Fort set combines all the new releases (3" walls, 1.5" walls, corner walls and fortified tower) together.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	River Defence Bastion.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	92
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sleevigval Fort.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	93
    Last edited by Andrew; 09-11-2017 at 10:23 AM.

The River Defence Bastion is the sort of thing I was thinking off, but with a wider base: 6-8" wide could be nice (but something to match the bastion topper width would be a great start). The bastion is a very good addition though :-) I could be interested in a "proper keep" as long as it is not a 100+ kit of the ilk of the Mordanburg watch tower. It is not so much the price tag, but the size (especially the number of levels) which would worry me.

I can see me getting a Sleevigval Fort. But there is a limit of how many towers and 6" walls I want (I currently have 10 of each), so I hope the new bits - corners and short walls - will also be available separately. I am sure I will get at least a couple of bastions to go on top of my existing tower bases though.

Question: is the door in the bastion an optional piece - i.e. you can build the kit with a plain wall instead?
    Last edited by SableFox; 09-11-2017 at 10:33 PM.

Hi Sablefox

Yes, all the pieces will be available as individual kits:
    28S-FAR-128 is two 3" walls
    28S-FAR-129 is four 1.5" walls
    28S-FAR-130 is one corner wall
    28S-FAR-A06 is the bastion topper

Yes, the option is there, there are four plain walls and the doorway wall. There are also several murder holes inside which work fine with it being placed on a tower but if used as the ground-based bastion can be covered up with firing steps. Did my best to make it as flexible as possible!!

Great news on the individual kits. Now I will be checking daily to see if they've been released ;-)

I hope the fable realms companion book will cover the different architectural styles of the fortifications and where they are to be found. Mordanburg having a very distinctive ridge style, which is to be seen in Fyrburgh but not Sleevigval, for example.

I am glad to hear we don't have to have a door floating in space... or the complication of having to order bastion vs bunker. The murder holes are a good addition. I am waiting for a portcullis next. In all seriousness a gateway passage would be a good addition, but that should be a separate thread (so I will create one { http://4groundforums.com/showthread....ate-passageway }).
    Last edited by SableFox; 09-13-2017 at 12:20 AM.

Missed this one! The smaller fort looks nice! Will allow for smaller games!