Thread: Parish Church question

Parish Church question

I had a talk with one of the designers at GenCon and I want to post a question, especially to the historical gamers.

The Parish Church only has one entry/exit. This may be accurate for historical reasons, but it's absolutely terrible for gaming reasons. It makes the church a death trap. Entering or leaving it means you're incredibly vulnerable to bottle-necking.

The designer said there won't be any changes to the design of this piece. However, if enough historical gamers demanded a small sacrifice of accuracy for the purpose of game-play, then future designs will include design elements that are better for gaming.

So, I put it to the community. Would you sacrifice the usefulness of a piece of terrain for accuracy, or would you rather your terrain be more useful and slightly less historically accurate?

I would say a Building is a building, not all are set up for a good defence. It presents a quandary.....

Good cover, however only one entrance?

It becomes a decision point (rather than an auto go to), or a gamble if you will. That makes the game unpredictable, which is a good thing usually

Plus there's always a window (watch the eagle has landed)

I say stay accurate. and the whole thing was about good defence so why 2 entrance? use windows or blow up entrance youself.
    Last edited by Radegast; 08-28-2017 at 08:52 AM.

Breach the wall?