Thread: Flooring

Flooring

What I'd love to see added to the 4Ground catalogue is a simple, A4 sheet cut into a cracked grid, like the Daldorr ruins. This can then be cut up by the customer into different shapes tiled floors, terrain making or dungeon rooms/corridors. Similar sheets for planked floors or cobblestones might be another addition

This should be a very quick thing to add to your catalogue and would be useful for all sorts of things.

Freestanding stone archways and doors would also be a nice addition for anyone creating a dungeon, or looking to add some more archway pieces to the Daldor ruins
    Last edited by Paul; 08-03-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Not trying to be a nay-sayer, because I think it's not a bad idea. (especially since 4ground would be prepainted and match existing product lines) However, as a fill-in, I think you can buy something similar at hobby stores from Plastruct. They sell sheets of tile and cobblestone that you can cut to fit.

Yeah, I have seen those. While they are nice, they are not quite what I'm after, for multiple reasons. It would just be nice to have something that matches the rest of the 4ground style

it would be nice to have it in size of square base to, make life easier for d&d

From the photos I've seen, the stone floor is already in squares the right size for a 25mm base

Flooring sheets would be nice. Daldorr style (cracked) squares would be one useful texture. Another wood be wood planks / floor board as used in many of the houses. A third would be the random sized grey flags which can be found in Mordanburg (and elsewhere)

I think there could be a good debate here around whether flooring should be 2/3mm MDF as per the kits for scratch-building, or thin cardboard (as per tiles/shingle) to allow conversion of exiting buildings, or both.
    Last edited by SableFox; 08-04-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Personally I'd like to see them be the same as the existing kits to allow easier scratch building, but card ones would certainly also be good for doing sunken tiling on terrain. A good example of this would be to modify the flooring on the stables so that you have stone outside and wood inside

This morning I was having a look at the 8FP temple kit and noticed the iconography embedded on the floors. Another sheet that is made up of just tiles with different things engraved on them in different sizes would also be cool to tart up existing kits
    Last edited by Paul; 08-04-2017 at 11:23 AM.

I could find use for both (thick) MDF and (thin) cardboard; but if forced to choose I'd go with cardboard, since I can always glue this to plain MDF sheet.