Thread: Mordanburg

Initiate

Mordanburg

Just started collecting Mordanburg for use in rpg's and as scenery for wargames.

I am a huge fan.

And I just figured out what the little pointy stick was on the sprues, that I always had left over!

Its for use to poke out bits.

I thought maybe it was like a piece of spare timber.

Still have some hovels and high street houses left to collect.

I like how they are painted, so it means I put it together and its ready to play, this appeals to me.

In the future I can see getting some Daldorr ruins.

The pointy stick can also be used as a mini spatula to help apply glue to small, difficult to reach places.

I often find myself using them with something like a bottle top as a tiny glue pot, for PVA or superglue. I found that very useful when building some of the modern buildings, with windows, where a tiny dab of superglue was all that was needed. Using the glue straight from the tube/bottle was too hard to control so the pointy sticks allowed me to be far more precise.

Good tip for whenever we get all of our stuff from the KS!

I must admit I got this tip from 4Ground themselves. I was lucky enough to be able to visit them a few months ago and saw them doing it. They were putting some kits together, and taking photographs as they went, in order to make the assembly instructions. The guy doing it (sorry, I've forgotten his name) was doing this and I instantly stole the idea.

I think the "glue stuck" Use is actually on some of 4Ground's instruction sheets ;-)

Kickstarter Backer
    The tool I use most when putting the kits together is a clay shaper, basically a paint brush handle with a soft silicone head instead of bristles, it is great for cleaning up the little beads of glue that squeeze out when you glue things together, especially the house frames where there is not much space for anything else.
    I am wrong though I don't think of this one as a tool, a little plastic bottle with a fine metal nozzle for applying PVA just where it needs to go. This is used even more than anything else when putting the kits together. Amusingly the tip of about this came from a competitor of 4Ground in the model railway world.