Thread: Greetings from While

Greetings from While

Hello!

I'm While! Excited to be here! Went heavy into the KS for Fabled Realms, but joined up after the survey went out yesterday. Hoping to upping my pledge to Nonsuch University, and seeing some of you guys in Colraine next year!

I have been to and from the hobby in about 18-19 years now, but mostly just collecting and painting. I had a few good friends growing up that shared the hobby, and we tried to play some games of Warhammer, but being Norwegians it was not too easy with English. Was gaming a bit more active when LOTR came out, when going to Middle school. I wasnt very active during high school and a couple of years after, but kept in touch with GW stuff. In 2014 I moved to Oslo and decided it was time to learn how to play 40k with the release of 7th ed. I've been very active since, and in 2015 I happened upon some guys playing a LOTR/Hobbit Battle Companies campaign. That was the coolest thing I remember playing ten years earlier!

During Christmas 2015 and in the start of 2016, alongside Andreas "The Norwegian Viking", we started on the Hobbit/LOTR SBG Grand Campaing! We are playing through every Hobbit/LOTR scenario GW (and others) produced, and filming them and releasing them every Saturday on our YouTube channel Spillforeningen The Fellowship STF! We have about 5 years of videos to make, already done about 72 episodes!

And I have gotten the shiny syndrome from Beasts of War.. I enjoy a variety of games, but skirmish games are my favorite! So I'm very much looking forward to the Fabled Realms!

And STF have grown from the Hobbit/LOTR to a variety of games because of it. We now have Relicblade, Frostgrave, Bolt Action and Guild Ball! And growing!

Fabled Realms will of course be part of the line up, and STF (the gaming club part) is getting the 1500 pack of 4Ground terrain! Looking forward to all the hours of building terrain!

Hopefully I'll be able to keep up activity on the forum!

Hello While,
    Welcome to the forum and hopefully I'll see you in Ireland.
    Just watching some of your films. Very good.
    Cheers
    Stu

Quote Originally Posted by Stu's Idle View Post
    Hello While,
    Welcome to the forum and hopefully I'll see you in Ireland.
    Just watching some of your films. Very good.
    Cheers
    Stu
    I hope so too!

Thank you! We're trying to improve all the time!