Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about material of Minis

I will say after an experience at GenCon that the brittleness of resin can definitely be a problem as I dropped one of our painted miniatures and they shattered on the floor.

Either that or numptys like me shouldn't be allowed to hold well painted figures unless they are made of plastic.

I've had similar problems.

Was very worried about the spears being in resin as a gaming piece. However I have found that Fireforge do sprues of spears in hard plastic (if you wish to drill out the resin ones), that should really ramp up the durability of the minis.

http://www.fireforge-games.com/webst...rs-291-details

Kickstarter Backer
    This is interesting and helpful. I have messed around with resin a little but I still prefer metal or injection moulded styrene miniatures and PVC ones are a whole new world with only a few of the Reaper Bones figures to my name.
    As to preperation that seems to be the key to everything, knowing how to clean up and wash your figures properly and what primer to use. At the moment a good spray plastic primer is what I think I will end up using on the figures, it is supposedly 'grippier' on even softer plastics than ordinary spray primer.

Fireforge are also selling some 4Ground buildings cheaper than 4Ground. So buy a couple of buildings and some spears and get free shipping - you are saving on the 4Ground buildings and getting free shipping on the spears. A Win-Win situation.

So what I'm hearing from this is that you need to become so successful that you can make everything in plastic, rather than resin?

Not really, each medium has its advantages and disadvantages. PVC for clumsy wargamers, and Resin for the painters (or the careful wargamer). As you will be getting Resin minis anyway (for the KS exclusives) even if you pledge for the PVC minis, you'll be able to see for yourself.