Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Broggenbridge, Tueden League Defences and Daldorr

Nice work Andy, it goes well together mate

The 3" piece is meant to balance-off a missing gate piece if you don't want symmetrically opposed gates; or it can be added to a gate piece to give a standard 6" run.

The breached palisade section is to replace a standard wall section should it get destroyed. I should really make a blasted curved palasade as well; but I think I may rule that the towers are indestructible in game terms ;-) Really the rubble should be higher at the edges of the breach, but I wanted to keep it relatively flat so figures could balance on it.

The rubble is a form of 'wood'-based(*) cat litter - very light with an interesting texture. Should it not paint up well I have a standard mix of sand and clay-based cat-litter which will do the job (I didn't want to use it to build up the profile here, 'cos it would be heavy, which does away with one advantage of MDF over resin).

(*) I believe it is actually made from maize husks.

Here is a couple of pieces that will be out in the future for the Tueden League Defences and Broggenbridge.
    I can't make up my mind if I am more excited about the right-angled corner palisade, or the wooden stair to first floor level. The latter I could see being very useful with Daldorr ruins, even if you had no other Tueden Defence elements on the table.

Kickstarter Backer
    Looking very good. Looking forward to it.

Love the pallisade addons to the ruins, makes for a really cool narrative!

Those pieces look great SableFox, I love the damaged wall, though you kind of beat me to the punch

I've got here the corner wall section, two 3" wall sections and four 1.5" sections coming soon for the Teudon League Defences, as well as a fortified tower add-on, with murder holes and lookout nest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3'' Walls.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	23

Name:	1.5'' Walls.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	24

Name:	Corner Wall.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	25

Name:	Tower Top.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	26
    Last edited by Andrew; 07-25-2017 at 01:47 PM.

I think what's missing at the moment from the Broggenbridge/Tueden League/Fort defences is "stuff" to go inside the walls, habitats, storage buildings etc. Like Sable said the Mordenburg range doesn't quite fit (things need to look more hasty construction or "frontier" to blend in). I LIKE the new hybrid corner piece (and will be getting one), but walls enclose "things"....and we need more "things" to enclose (or rather as the Druggoi would describe "a pantry")

... I love the damaged wall, though you kind of beat me to the punch
    Ah, sorry. You should have got Cad to say "Nah, we don't want to see your photos" ;-) I am really looking forward to seeing the official 4Ground blasted wall piece and will no doubt buy it.

The corner and short wall pieces will be really useful and are an excellent addition to the range. I will certainly buy at least a couple of sets. I have no regrets doing my own though, since 95% of the reward for me was the fun in making it, only 5% in the end product (I thought that 4Ground would have to release these pieces in time).

Oh wait.... that fortified tower. Love it! That would turn the fort into a piece that would fit right into French & Indian Wars. Love the utility with that.

No worries SableFox
    We've always encouraged people to take our kits and convert them, paint them or combine them with other products so that people can have epic looking scenery.

I like the idea of internal structures to the fort, there's a thread in the Wishlist sub-forum about a Keep already. If there's other things you want to see Phaid, drop some ideas in there. We appreciate the feedback and hopefully may make some of them in the future.

Ah, sorry, just seen that you've already started with the Outbuildings/Lean-to's!!
    Last edited by Andrew; 07-26-2017 at 09:24 AM.