Thread: Hello all, especially to my fellow Fabled Realms KS Backers!

Kickstarter Backer

Hello all, especially to my fellow Fabled Realms KS Backers!

Hello everyone!
    I'm another grumpy old timer, having started wargaming with Airfix plastics back in the mid 1970's, and buying my first lead ones, Minifigs 25mm Napoleonic Highlanders in 1978, from my local toy shop. I was such a regular there I even had my own year round "Christmas club" account with them!
    Think the phrase "been there, done that" says it all about my Gaming past, but I mainly concentrate on Dark Age, War of the Roses and ECW these days, though I still have huge numbers of 1980's Citadel and Ral Partha fantasy and historicals to paint. I'm sure they will get done eventually!
    I have done a few KS's over the past few years, some have been great, some not so, but the Fabled Realms KS has really got me buzzing and excited about gaming again! So thanks to everyone at 4ground for an amazing project.

Welcome aboard! I know what you mean about the kickstarters. There are some I have regretted backing as soon as the campaign closes and very few that have had this level of excitement. I think the joy 4Ground show in their own product is infectious

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I think the joy 4Ground show in their own product is infectious
    It certainly is. Once they get started it's often hard to stop them (well, Ben), as I'm sure you've seen in the live-streams.

I've backed a number of KS's over the years, some of which have been a real disappointment. This however has been fantastic from start to finish. They kept it reasonably short and that, coupled with the timed unlocks and live-streams, avoided the usual slump you often get in the middle of a campaign. I actually miss it slightly now it's over.

Kickstarter Backer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu's Idle View Post
    It certainly is. Once they get started it's often hard to stop them (well, Ben), as I'm sure you've seen in the live-streams.

I've backed a number of KS's over the years, some of which have been a real disappointment. This however has been fantastic from start to finish. They kept it reasonably short and that, coupled with the timed unlocks and live-streams, avoided the usual slump you often get in the middle of a campaign. I actually miss it slightly now it's over.
    Can't agree more! The pace of the KS was right and the livestreams just had me in stiches, but were also very informative. Congrats to everyone involved!

Hey there Paul. Heh I remember building those old Airfix plastic kits (and trying to fix rubber tank tracks using a lighter and screwdriver.....it was 50/50 if you did it right or melted right through the thing). Looking forwards to seeing this KS come to life (is it me or does this game seem more 50/50 historical and fantasy compared to recent releases?). Seemed in the "back when" days you almost always started wargaming with a Naps army (mine was French as our club had about 9 British Armies and 1 French)....I always seem to go with the under dog forces (probably so I can blame the loss on the army rather than the decisions of the ropey General ).

I suppose given your location your Naps rules were the "default" Newbury and Reading rules that everyone used back then?
    Last edited by Phaid; 07-23-2017 at 11:28 PM.

heheh I cant agree more with Stu !