Thread: Kickstarter Declined My Pledge

Kickstarter Declined My Pledge

We have had some backers whose pledges have been declined, don't worry if this has affected you. Here is Kickstarters guidance on what to do next;

If your pledge was declined, log in to Kickstarter and click the “Fix payment” button in the banner at the top of your screen. This will guide you through the process of changing your payment method. We'll also send you an email every 48 hours with a direct link to correct the issue. But don't delay: backers have 7 days to resolve payment issues before they're dropped from the project. We'll also automatically retry your pledge at the end of this timeframe.

Another thing that is worth checking out (as it has happened to me) is checking with your bank if they have considered it a fraudulent payment they may need to talk to you to authorise it.

You can also PM me on here, message through the Kickstarter or contact us by phone or email for any help you may need.

Thankfully all £848 left my bank account yesterday.

Hi Cad.

I had a message the 16. that the Kickstarter had been funded, and that the pledge had been charged.

However, I haven't been charged from my account.

Should I have gotten a message that my pledge has been declined?

I have supported other Kickstarters (from the same account), and haven't had problems before :-/
    Last edited by CarstenR; 07-19-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Hi Again.
    I just talked to my bank, and was informed that my Kickstarter-payment was accepted and paid the 17. But I 'll be able to see it on my account after 3 days for payments out of the country (tomorrow, then).
    I thought I'd put this up for others in the same situation.

Hi CarstenR,

Ok that's good to know.