Thread: Heyho (K Harrison)

Heyho (K Harrison)

Hello all,

I guess I'm one of the elder members of this forum. I started Wargaming with 15mm (Minifigs) Napoleonics and I think my second army was Jacobite Italian Wars in 15mm (Spanish army). Mainly have an Historical Wargaming background and have recently started with sci-fi and fantasy gaming as you just can't get historical gaming opponents (in my area) any more

I guess having done a lot of late medieval/early renaissance wargaming, it allows me to spot the historical inspiration for some of the factions (and how cleverly Ben, Cad and Adam have woven them into the background to fabled realms). This extra level of attention to detail for fabled realms is one of the things I find so appealing about the game.

I have a hatred of "unnecessary technology" (Even tho I'm an electronic engineer), and LOATH smartphones (when you're on the outside looking in you realise how addicted people today are to these things), e-readers (whats wrong with a good old fashioned book), and APPs (stops people doing simple mental arithmetic)....and "helpful things" like auto correct...grrrrr

Looking forwards to see where 4Ground take fabled realms. I like the idea of unique minis for your warband (and I hope they don't keep adding minis to each faction for simple sales/marketing sake, 30 minis is more than enough), and hope to see many more factions arrive for the game. I also think its important that Ben, Cad and Adam take on board feedback from us all...but never lose site of their original vision (usually something done by committee never works out well).

So lets see where this goes

Kickstarter Backer
    Welcome Phaid.

I alo rebember B&W tv but im not that scepital about technology what d you think about app to create your own characters?

Well it's things like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJpQ73Fcfwc

While I admire the effort to create such a thing, do we need a 600 smart phone and a 5 APP, when a 5 physical version does the same thing....and doesn't need charging

Welcome aboard! I know what you mean about smartphones (says the man responding to this on a smartphone in a restaurant!) and unnecessary apps. I still prefer pen and paper for making new characters in rpgs, despite some very good tools out there.

Oh dont take me wrong I only have phisical books ETC myself too, but I also remember world without internet and smart phones and they do make life easier.