Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modelling bits

Kickstarter Backer
    The Army Painter sprays work pretty well on MDF, certainly better than the Hycote that I normally use as a primer but a coat of polyurethane applied first seals all those awkward edges nicely.

Well the 4Ground "primers" are actually the paints used as the finished paintjob on 4Ground buildings. So they are very good at covering the burnt edges from the lazer cutting. So if you get the two grey pots for the ruins of Daldoor set you can get rid of the brown edges (and they don't stand out as much). With things like the pillars in the Daldoor set, the cut edges REALLY stand out. I'd highly recommend them for any 4Ground kit.

....just can't seem to find them on the webstore anymore, and I know I'll need more when the KS ships

I'd also like to know which 4Ground paints are used in which kits. So I know which greys to use in Daldorr for example.

If 4Ground no longer sell their own paint - which would be a shame - then have a list of matching paint colours/numbers from other popular ranges would be nice.

Agreed. I would like to be able to get the paints to match the buildings to tidy them up a bit... before I then go and weather the living .... out of them please